The MU Research Institute (MURI) was founded by the MU Group Board to maintain and further develop the effectiveness of MU’s way of working as a science-based Executive Search and Leadership Advisory Firm. The institute operates as a separate body within the company and will further amplify the research and development efforts that MU has made for many decades.
The MU Research Institute will focus on developing and validating methods and tools aligning to MU Leader Selection Science® to ensure that MU services always will be effective for clients and meet the highest ethical and quality assured standards. Read more about the MU Research Institute.
We are pleased to share today, that the MU Research Institute is further strengthening their team with another top name within the psychology field – Anders Sjöberg. He will join the already established MURI Advisory Board, consisting of Roger Hagafors, Associate Professor and Chairman of the MU Group and Leif Carlstedt, Senior Professor and Advisor at MU RI.
Anders Sjöberg, Associate Professor, the Department of Psychology, at Stockholm University
It’s an exciting, evidence-based selection process you are working with at Mercuri Urval, and I hope I can bring in more information about the science and help strengthen it further.
Anders Sjöberg is an associate professor, with an PhD from the Department of Psychology, at Stockholm University. His background is as a researcher in work and organisational psychology. His work has been published in several psychological journals and books. In 2009, Anders Sjöberg was recognized by the Emerald Management Review as a co-author to one of the top 50 scientific management articles of the year.
The research conducted today by Anders Sjöberg is in personnel selection, personality and intelligence. He teaches courses in personnel selection, economic utility analysis and psychometrics. He is also a Fellow of the Swedish Psychological Society, and have been working as a member of the European Federation of Psychologists’ Association’s (EFPA) Board of Assessments for many years. He has also developed psychological assessments for both development and selection, and adapt both clinical and educational tests for psychologists’ in the Nordic markets. In 2018, Anders started the Assessment Engine project, an assessment service that delivers technology based psychological assessments in the areas of interest/motivation, personality and intelligence. He is also co-author of the book "Personlighet i arbete" published by Natur och Kultur in year 2020.
Anders was a member of the ISO Project Committee (PC230) for ISO 10667 (Assessment service delivery – procedures and methods to assess people in work and organsational settings), and was a member of the drafting committee for the Standard. Anders has for many years worked as a personnel selection expert for Swedish authorities such as the Swedish prosecutor's office, the Swedish Police Forces, the Swedish Armed Forces and the Swedish Security Service.
For more information, please contact:
Sofia Hjort Lönegård
Public Relations, and Head of Marketing & Communications
About Mercuri Urval
The only global Executive Search and Leadership Advisory firm based in the Nordics:
- Founded 1967, Stockholm, Sweden
- 3000 clients served each year; leading global corporation and public sector institutions to SMEs, digital start-ups and local government
- Expert teams worldwide, performing assignments for clients in more than 60 countries each year
- Operating in all major markets; working without boundaries in person and online, worldwide.
- Named one of Sweden’s Best Managed companies 2022 by Deloitte
A true pioneer in leader employment, development and business advisory.
- Science-based Executive Search and Strategic Recruitment
- Science-based Leadership Advisory Solutions in leadership and organisational development
- Pioneering leadership selection and development capability with unrivalled accuracy and independently verified quality standards (ISO 10667-2)
Foundation owned Partnership “Stiftelsen Mercuri Urval”
- Mandate to ensure the company remains independent and strong
- Appoints Equity Partners in Mercuri Urval
- Chaired by a board of well-known and respected leaders